Methods of Submission
Sidebar submissions must be transmitted electronically. Authors may email manuscripts to the Journal’s Chief Articles Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit them through the form located on the righthand side of this page. Manuscripts may be submitted at any time, as Sidebar pieces are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Sidebar Submission Guidelines
All Sidebar submissions should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Submissions should be in Microsoft Word format.
- Citations should conform to the 19th edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation.
- Footnotes are preferred over endnotes, but both are permissible.
- All body and footnote text should be double-spaced, with 12-point Times New Roman typeface.
- A brief abstract (i.e., 200 or fewer words) should accompany all Sidebar submissions.
- Please include a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Submissions should include the manuscript’s title and the author’s name, contact information, and affiliation.
Because Sidebar is based on brevity, submissions should be between 3,000 to 5,000 words, including footnotes. Although shorter pieces are preferred, longer pieces may be considered.
For publication in Sidebar, pieces authored by scholars, practitioners, and students are welcomed.
Authors may request expedited review of Sidebar submissions. Requests for expedited review may be emailed to the Journal’s Chief Articles Editor at email@example.com, with the words “Expedited Request” in the subject line. When emailing to request expedited review, please indicate the date by which a response is needed and the preferred method of contact.
All questions regarding submissions procedures or requirements should be directed to the Journal’s Chief Articles Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.